The upcoming expansion for FFXIV titled "Endwalker" will see the release of Island Sanctuary which has been promised to be "casual" solo content. PC Games was recently able to speak with Naoki Yoshida about some details.
The recent media tour featured a segment about Island Sanctuary where Yoshi-P gave a few more details but stressed that he didn't want to go much further into detail so as not to mislead players.
Depending on the content, FFXIV Gardening will most likely document everything related to Island Sanctuary and incorporate it into the current site as needed. Listed below are a few of the features that Yoshi-P provided in the interview:
- Player owned island which will receive regular updates
- Island begins as a blank canvas
- You can place buildings (wording used by translator was, "You can say like, 'Okay, what kind of building do I want to place here? What type of materials do I want to gather? Okay, maybe I want to let my minions run free.'")
- Tend to your animals and crops
- Expand the territory on your island
- Not a competition between players
- No pressured / timed content
- No high level weapons / gear
- This is an area to relax. Also explicitly stated that "you can call over your friends to your island and have a chat with them, you can go and visit your friend's island"
- There is "a focus on the house, the garden and the furniture, but you can see this as a bit of a rank higher, there's a bit more broad things in the mix"